St. Andrew's School

St. Andrew’s School was founded in 1894 by Grace Arents as a private, tuition-free, Christian-based elementary school serving families with limited resources in the Richmond area.  The history of the school and church are inextricably linked and so it is fitting that the school is the focus of the church’s most significant outreach efforts.  It is our largest grant recipient, and assistance is given to children and families throughout the year in various ways. Our Rector, Abbott Bailey, serves as chaplain of the school and sits on the School's Board of Directors with another representative, Diane Chess, from the congregation.